Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. #1"

by Stephenie Meyer, Young Kim -artist, YA, 2010, 224p, rating=2.5
Source: library

When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret... (Goodreads)

I'm not sure what I was expecting but the storyline presentation was too Dick and Jane for me.  I'm not much of a graphic/comic book reader so perhaps that simplicity was the point.  I suppose that I enjoyed the depth of the read of the book edition too much to appreciate this version.  However, I was very impressed with the illustrations.  It was fantastic!!  Beautiful lines, gorgeous art.  Though, I didn't like the pages with the mixture of photography and illustrations ..seems like cheating.  It wasn't of course, because in art nothing is really a wrong way.  It's beauty is a matter of taste to the viewer.  So there, this graphic novel overall (including script) to me was sirloin rather than filet mignon. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates