Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, September 24, 2012

"Fairy Tale Fail"

by Mina V. Esguerra, AF, 2010, Kindle edition ebook, 112p, rating=2.5
Source: purchased

Of all the twenty-something women who are hopeless romantics, Ellie Manuel is more “hopeless” than “romantic.”
Even after her Prince Charming broke up with her, she just won’t give up … because fairy tale heroines don’t live “happily ever after” right away, silly, they’re tested first!
Determined to pass the test, she spends the next year restoring herself to the girl Prince Charming had fallen in love with in the first place.
Until she discovers that life without him might not be so bad after all: her career is taking off, her confidence is back, and the cute guy at work is no longer a stranger.
So when is it okay to quit on a fairy tale? (Goodreads)

This had been on my TBR/wishlist for awhile and I finally got to reading it.  I had enjoyed the author's other book, Love Your Frenemies, so I had high hopes for this one.  I was disappointed.  It was a cute romance story and well written but it just didn't pop for me.  As short as it was, I struggled to finish it.  I just didn't find it captivating.  I didn't care for the swearing either, even though it was very minimal.  I just found the book as a whole a bit humdrum and pretentious. 

It was not an awful book.  I just was expecting it to be more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates