Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Remembering 9/11


I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

In light of the news of the death of Osama bin Laden, I had an opportunity to tell my eight year old the story of September 11, 2001.  I was brought to tears.  Even after almost 10 years, I still feel the pain.
 
Mixed with tears of pain, were also tears of pride.   The many courageous Americans on that day who sacrificed their lives to reduce more loss ... and others everyday thereafter who fought and still fighting to keep the freedoms we enjoy.  I thank you all!

The tragedy bonded us all.  I am proud to be among the Americans who pledge, "...allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.".  Indeed, may God bless America.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates