Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Nightshade"

by Andrea Cremer, YA, 2010, audio CD, 12hrs, rating=3

"Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything--including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?"

(Ugh!!  I accidentally deleted the entire review so here I go again ...but now the short version)
I love the cover!  So pretty.  Unfortunately, the inside was not as enthralling.  I don't know if I'm werewolf-ed out or this got the misfortune of being read (in this case, listened) at a moody time.  The writing was quite good and an engaging story line is there for those into paranormal tales.  I just didn't care for it this time around.  It may be that I'm also tired of love triangles.  But overall, I think YA fans will find this right up their alley.

2 comments:

  1. I just started this one. And to tell the truth not so good. some people will really like it but it is not great. it is to much like every other werewolf teen good out there. it has hope but so far not so great for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i agree. i also didn't think its great. i wondered if its just me or what? when i posted my review for this in my blog last week, bloggers couldnt believe i didn't like Shay. . . and yeah the love trianlge too. hey what do you think about the secondary characters ansel and bryn, i liked it much better than the ren-calla-shay conflict.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates