Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, April 10, 2010

"The Remarkable Soul of a Woman"


by Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 2010, 50p, rating=5
What a beautiful book cover and more importantly beautiful messages inside! The title in itself is already an uplift. President Uchtdorf is addressing all of us who have ever felt inadequate, discouraged, or weary. He shares two principles that may help to find a path to peace, hope, and joy (even during times of trial and distress) through: (1) the power of creating and (2) serving with compassion. Our venture at bringing something new into existence and as we serve others, we will feel the happiness we so earnestly seek and is inherited of us.

This book really addresses the remarkable soul of a woman by supporting us to remember the great power for good we truly are! We have talents, even when we think we don't, and we can give compassionate service, even in small ways. Thank you President Uchtdorf. I am pumped up!!

This is one of two books given to me as a birthday present from my honorary little sister. Thank you, Mhai! I love this book!!

**My quotables:
"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul." pg.23
"As a spirit daughter of our Heavenly Father, happiness is our heritage." pg50

2 comments:

  1. Ate Jinx, Wow. You are truly an amazing woman... I love this idea and creativity of blogging and sharing your opinion about the books you have read.... Now, I MUST get me a copy of this book... =) You are such an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, you are getting to so many great books! How do you find the time? I'll have to get this one. It sounds like a great keeper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates