Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, February 5, 2010

"the five people you meet in heaven"

Clever title! Lures you to want to read it. You figure, hey this guy has the answer! Forget that it's a fictional book, he has the answer!! Well, of course the five people is specific to the main character of the book. Darn! I thought he was going to tell me that I'm going to meet Elvis!! Anyway, I like the feel of the story. I was carried to Eddie's adventurous ride in heaven (btw, in my head, Eddie and Marguerite respectively looked like Carl and Ellie from "Up" the movie) and kept me reading to find out the next person and lesson to learn. This had the same style of writing as "for one more day" which I like ... see-sawing to present time, past time, and transported time. A movie script kind of feel. Anywho, I think I would have liked the book more if I hadn't received rave reviews from friends about the book. I had high expectations and felt it wasn't met; that or I just liked "for one more day" much better. None-the-less, it's a well written book. It did make you think about the people you come in direct and indirect contact with and the cosmic relation of us all. It gave life lessons that make you say, "Huh, that makes sense!" ... like: I died but you lived, you didn't know the whole truth so forgive yourself, love exists even when you die, what's meaningless to you is not to others, etc. Pretty cool, eh? So, if you haven't read it already, go ahead! It's a quick read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates